The Alarm.com skill supports security, lights (on/off and dimmer), and indoor and outdoor IP video cameras. The doorbell camera is not compatible at this time.
No arming parameter:
- "Alexa, ask Alarm.com to arm stay."
No entry delay:
- "Alexa, ask Alarm.com to arm stay with no entry delay."
To use Alexa commands to disarm your system, you must first enable secure commands. Here’s how:
Note: If the Alarm.com skill was linked prior to the secure command availability, the skill will need to be disabled and re-enabled to prompt for setting up a PIN.
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile device.
- Tap Skills & Games.
- In the search bar, enter Alarm.com. Alarm.com Smart Home is a different choice.
- Tap Alarm.com. The skill should be at the top of the list.
- Tap Disable on the skill page
- Confirm disable by tapping Disable in the pop-up.
- Tap Enable on the skill page
- Log in with your account credentials and tap Allow.
- You will then be asked if you would like to enable secure commands. Secure commands are security sensitive (unlock the door, open the garage, disarm the panel) and protected behind a four-digit pin. To enable secure commands, tap Allow.
Note: You must have the appropriate system permissions for access to secure commands.
- Type in a four-digit pin and click Submit.
- Your account is now linked. Click the X in the top left and begin interacting with Alarm.com through Amazon Alexa.
- "Alexa, ask Alarm.com to disarm with [4-digit pin code]."
- "Alexa, ask Alarm.com to disarm my panel with [4-digit pin code]."
To turn lights on (example here for lights named “office light”):
- “Alexa, ask Alarm.com to switch on the office light.”
- “Alexa, ask Alarm.com to turn the office light all the way up.”
- “Alexa, ask Alarm.com to turn on the lights.”
- “Alexa, ask Alarm.com to turn on the lights in the office.”
To turn lights off:
- “Alexa, ask Alarm.com to turn off the office light.”
- “Alexa, ask Alarm.com to flip the office light off.”
- “Alexa, ask Alarm.com to turn off the lights.”
- “Alexa, ask Alarm.com to turn off the office lights.”
To set the dim value for light dimmers:
- "Alexa, ask Alarm.com to set the office light to 70 percent.”
- “Alexa, ask Alarm.com to lower the office light to 25.”
You can ask Alexa to record a clip on an indoor or outdoor camera.
"Alexa, ask Alarm.com to record a clip on the Living Room camera."
Note: doorbell cameras are not currently Alexa-enabled.