Please note that this is not a substitute for reporting spam or other email abuse. Those can be stopped by submitting an abuse form.
- Click on Rules in the task bar.
- Type the name of the rule (“Block sender” in the case shown below).
- Click on the Edit button next to your new Rule to start setting it up.
- Under Data, choose “From”.
- Under Operation, choose “is”.
- Type the name of the address you wish to block.
- Under Action there are two options that will accomplish your goal.
Reject with: Sends a bounce-back error message to the sender, including whatever message you type in the “Parameter” box. You never receive the sender’s message.
Discard: Moves the sender’s message directly to the trash. The sender will not receive notice that you rejected the message, and it will sit in your trash until deleted.
- Click the green check mark when finished, to save the rule. This change will take effect immediately.