If your modem is connected to the internet, but your computer is not getting online, you should check the network settings on your computer.
- Go to the Start Menu, then select Control Panel.
- If the Control Panel window reads Pick a category, click Switch toClassic View.
- Double-click on the Network Connections icon.
- Right click on Local Area Connection and select Properties. Make sure you are on the General tab.
- In the list of “This connection uses the following items:”, selectInternet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click the Properties button.
- Select Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically. Click OK.
- Close the “Local Area Connection Properties” window by clicking theOK button.