If your modem is connected to the internet, but your computer is not getting online, you should check the network settings on your computer.
- Click the Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double-click Network and Sharing Center.
- Next to Local Area Connection, click View Status.
- In Local Area Connection Status, click the Properties button.
- In the list of network components, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click the Properties button.
- Select Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the Close button on Local Area Connection Properties.
- Click the Close button on Local Area Connection Status.