If your TV says "one moment please," "temporarily off air," "searching for a signal," or a similar message, you can take the steps below.
Note that different cable boxes will have different variations of this error message, including:
- Motorola: One Moment Please, This Channel Will Be Available Shortly. Reference Code: s0a00
- Scientific Atlanta: Temporarily Off Air
- TiVo: Searching For a Signal V52 / Problem With a Signal on This Channel V53
- Arris: Can appear as a variety of messages, including:
- No signal detected. Please check your cable connection.
- Signal loss detected. Please check your cable connection.
- You do not subscribe to this channel. Please call customer service to order. (Can appear even if the customer subscribes to the channel.)
- This channel is not currently being broadcast or there is a problem receiving the signal. Please check your cable connection.
- Set-top Box / DTA: We’ve Detected an Interruption In Your Service
To fix this issue:
- Note which channels are having the issue and if on more than one TV.
- When you press the Guide button, what shows?
- If you have more than one cable box, is this happening on all cable boxes or just this one?
- Check the connection from the wall to the cable box and from the cable box to the TV to make sure the connections are snug and ensure any splitters or VCR’s are bypassed.
- Power cycle the box by unplugging the power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in:
- The Video-On-Demand (VOD) and DVR (if applicable) functions may take up to 5 minutes to restore, after performing a power cycle.
- The channel guide can take up to 45 minutes to begin populating after a power cycle.
- If you are still experiencing an issue, please contact our Technical Support at 1-866-928-3123.