Locking by Channels or by Rating
- In the Settings category, scroll to the Parental Controls card, and press OK.
- Choose settings. You’ll be taken to the Parental Controls menu. Use the right arrow to choose TV Ratings, Movie Ratings, or Lock By Channel.
- Each card contains a list of the rating systems or a list of channels. Scroll to the format or channel you want to control.
Lock the rating or channel by choosing it, and then pressing OK on the remote. When you lock a rating, all ratings for more restrictive content are also locked. For example, if you lock the TVPG rating, then the TV14 and TVMA ratings are also locked automatically. When unlocking, the reverse is true.
If the V-Chop in your TV is enabled, you may see a black screen after turning to a channel with blocked content. No guide menu, flip bar, sound effects, or any other audio or video are shown or heard. To correct this, change to an unblocked channel, or disable all V-Chip functions and use the parental control features provided by the Media Gateway system to regulate viewing.
Turning Off Parental Controls
To unlock or change all parental control settings, go to the Settings category, scroll to the Parental Controls card, and then press OK. Follow these instructions to unlock selected items:
- Press OK with any locked program in focus.
- Enter your PIN to unlock all programming temporarily or choose more options to only unlock the current channel.
Unlock for a Specified Amount of Time:
- In the Settings category, scroll to the Parental Controls card, and then press OK.
- Choose settings (within Parental Controls), scroll to the Set Relock Timer card, and then press OK.
- Enter your PIN, if prompted and choose the unlock duration.
- Once set, you’ll see the selected relock time indicated.