Make sure the TiVo DVR is connecting to the TiVo Service. Check the status from TiVo Central by choosing Settings, then Network.
View your History for an explanation of why the show did not record. History is the first selection in the To Do List. (To open the To Do List, go to TiVo Central, then choose Manage Recordings & Downloads, then To Do List.) Here are some reasons why a show may not have recorded:
- When Season Pass recordings and other repeating recordings conflict, shows are recorded according to their priority in the Season Pass Manager.
- If the show was a rerun, your Season Pass recording may be set to record First Run Only shows.
- The show may have been deleted from the My Shows list by someone else in your household.
- The show may have been canceled by the network.
- There may have been a conflict when requesting another show, and the proposed resolution was to delete the missing show earlier than planned. If you accepted that resolution, the show would have been deleted.
- There may have been a power outage that affected the recording.