If your internet is running slowly, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to alleviate or repair the symptoms:
- Please unplug the power cord from both your modem and router.
- Once unplugged, check the COAX cable that leads from your cable outlet on your wall, to the back of your modem - it is a thick round cable with metal ends. This is the cable that brings the signal to the modem. This cable needs to be tight on the back of the modem, and on the wall outlet or splitter.
- After checking the COAX cable, plug the modem back in, and wait one (1) full minute until the lights on your modem indicating power, receive, send, and online are all solid.
- After all the lights are back on the modem, plug the power cord back into the router. The router will take about 1 minute to boot back up.
- To test your speeds, you can visit wavebroadband.com/speedtest.
- If you are still experiencing slow speeds, try bypassing the router by plugging your computer directly into the back of the modem. This can be done by locating the ethernet cord that connects the modem and router together, which looks like a thick telephone cable. Unplug one end of this cable from the router, and plug it into your computer instead.
- Once you have bypassed the router, reboot the modem by unplugging the power source and plugging it back in again. Wait one full minute, and run a speed test at wavebroadband.com/speedtest. This will show how fast your internet speed is running through the modem.
- If your speeds improve after bypassing the router, it is the router that may be causing the speed issues. If your speeds continue to suffer after having bypassed the router, please call our 24/7 technical support line at 1-866-928-3123.